Flossing With Braces
When it comes to choosing a Waterpik for braces, it is important to select a model that comes with orthodontic tips specifically designed for cleaning around brackets and wires. Here are a few Waterpik models that are recommended for individuals with braces:
Counter Top Waterpik Water Flossers
The Ultra Professional model come with an Orthodontic Tip that is designed to clean around braces easily and effectively. Also included are a variety of other tips, including a Classic Jet Tip and a Plaque Seeker Tip that can be used for more targeted cleaning.
The Ultra Plus model is another great option for people with braces, as it This model is another great option for people with braces, as it too comes with an Orthodontic Tip. Further, it has a large water reservoir and multiple pressure settings, making it a versatile and effective tool for cleaning around braces.
Cordless Waterpik Water Flossers
The Cordless Advanced Pro is easy to use and portable, making it a great option for people who are frequently on-the-go. It is waterproof so you can use it not only at the basin but also in the shower. Further, it comes with an Orthodontic Tip for cleaning around braces, as well as a variety of other tips for more general oral care.
How To Floss With Braces In 6 Simple Steps
For best results, use a Waterpik Water Flosser with the Orthodontic Tip. The Orthodontic Tip has a tapered brush that helps remove plaque from braces and orthodontics. The Classic Jet Tip is also effective.
- 1. Fill the Water Flosser reservoir with lukewarm water and place it firmly on the base.
- 2. Insert the flosser tip and click into the handle.
- 3. Adjust the pressure control (start at low pressure), lean over the sink, and place tip in your mouth.
- 4. Turn unit on. Close lips to prevent splashing, let water flow from the mouth into the sink.
- 5. Starting with the back teeth, aim the tip at the gumline. Pause and lightly brush the area between the teeth and all around the orthodontic bracket or appliance (see video below).
- 6. Proceed to the next tooth.
It's that easy to properly Water Floss your braces, and it takes only about 1 minute a day!